ZAST Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, will you survive? Join the survival team and keep yourself alive.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSee who runs this place.Z.A.S.T. Home

One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo
The One
The One
Neo

Mettle : 541

One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK Empty
PostSubject: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Yes, the forums are great for starters. However, they need to be worked on quite a bit. Having a forum titled "Other" is just banal and dull.

We need to really improve on these if we want to encourage people to join.
There's so many things I could think of that it makes my head spin. I'm not saying that the forums are terrible. In fact, they're much better than I expected. I bet that ZU didn't even look this good in its infancy! But it is far from perfect.

So...my thoughts are to try and recruit some people who are part of site staff of other sites. It may be a longshot due to the responsibilities it entails, but it is not impossible. The ZU site staff don't do much unless they encounter a major bug or are working on a project. Right now, they're pretty free.
What we ESPECIALLY need is anyone skilled at coding vBulletin. They'd be a TREMENDOUS help.

Okay, that's the last I have to say about the site. Other than the things I've said, it's a WONDERFUL new forum. I've not seen one this new that looked this good before.
Back to top Go down
Koulatio
I Hate Gels!
I Hate Gels!
Koulatio

Mettle : 235

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:59 pm

I believe a General Chit- Chat board would be much better than an "Other"
Oh, and part of making the forum better to have people join is just to make it look active and fun. A dull boring, lifeless forum woudn't help. So the people who are already here have to contribute as much as possible to maek it look more active.
Back to top Go down
Zoltar
Administrator
Administrator
Zoltar

Mettle : 197

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 pm

I agree.

But I have started a ZU thread abnd my guess is we will have more people come.
Back to top Go down
Neo
The One
The One
Neo

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Hmm... the forums look a lot better. There's more subheadings, no yucky "other," and it feels more like a proper forum. Good work so far!
Back to top Go down
Zoltar
Administrator
Administrator
Zoltar

Mettle : 197

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Neo wrote:
Hmm... the forums look a lot better. There's more subheadings, no yucky "other," and it feels more like a proper forum. Good work so far!

Thank you:)
Back to top Go down
John
Webmaster
Webmaster
John

Mettle : 385

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:00 pm

IVE BEEN TRYING TO WORK ON SOME GRAPHICS. I GOT THE TOP BANNER THING DONE AND A HOME PAGE BUTTON LOGO.

sorry for that in caps. i had it on caps lock and dont want to rewrite it in lower case
Back to top Go down
http://zast.yolasite.com
Aishimisu
Banana
Aishimisu

Mettle : 18

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Koulatio wrote:
I believe a General Chit- Chat board would be much better than an "Other"
Oh, and part of making the forum better to have people join is just to make it look active and fun. A dull boring, lifeless forum woudn't help. So the people who are already here have to contribute as much as possible to maek it look more active.

we need something to attract people, not just "another" forums, that's what zast is atm
imo we should RAID lol jk
we could try making a game? idk
Back to top Go down
http://aishimisu.vndv.com/
Neo
The One
The One
Neo

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Hmmm...for starters, this topic is a bit old. Feel free to make a new one.

Next, I like the game idea, but we're ragged from all of our clan work. We would need the assistance of some people. Maybe the time has come for site staff...
Back to top Go down
Aishimisu
Banana
Aishimisu

Mettle : 18

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:05 am

Neo wrote:
Next, I like the game idea, but we're ragged from all of our clan work.

clan work? .__.

btw, here's an example of what I can do with flash (I can make chat boxes [NPCs], updrafts, like... many other stuff that I was too lazy to add on). I could try making a game (some rl friends would help me mostly with scripts and graphics), but I'd need people to help me with sounds and musics D:

Back to top Go down
Koulatio
I Hate Gels!
I Hate Gels!
Koulatio

Mettle : 235

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:44 am

We sent out a newsletter with the clan test. It might have went to your junk email.
Back to top Go down
Neo
The One
The One
Neo

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Mhm. I totally forgot to lock this thread XD

So...make one about the game and we'll end this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK   One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK Empty

Back to top Go down

One more thing: THESE FORUMS NEED SOME WORK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZAST Forums :: Community Forums :: Feedback-
Jump to: